Sunday, June 1, 2008

My First Steps towards Hijabifying Myself :)

As a muslimah, I am trying to dress more modestly but at the same time more fashionably. Yesterday, at the mall, I fell in love with New York and Company. They had so many elegant long sleeve tunics that cover the behinds ;). I made sure they were light colored to suit the summer season.

I'd like to share a few samples of my new wardrobe:

The Manhattan Chino Capri - Solid looks too short for a muslimah but considering that I am a petite size, it reached my ankles and thus it fit perfectly. It's very comfortable and not too tight fitting if you get the right size.




The City Style Caftan - Coastal Swirl is slightly transparent, which will require a simple white shirt underneath. Its colors are very lively and calls for a nice breezy afternoon.






The City Style Roll Sleeve Tunic - Solid is simple, elegant, and very comfortable. The belt does not come with it. In fact, it looks better without the belt; I also personally think that it looks more modest without it. Depending on the jewelery, it can look either professional or casual. The sleeves are rolled up but they can be rolled down to cover the arms fully.



I do not cover my hair yet, but with baby steps, I will inshAllah wear it eventually. The hair shall be the last step.

No comments: